PDA

View Full Version : what boots for x country

kaya
16th September 2009, 12:33 AM
I need to get a pair of boots for Tia for when she is doing x country any one reccomend good boots that won't break the bank? but will still do a good job

casper_cb
16th September 2009, 10:33 AM
Fantastic boots that I love are Prolite Closed Tendon boots, but then I read the end bit of your post.

New X-Country 'lite' boots are very good, not sure what they cost.

I'd suggest not getting any with sheep skin lining, they get very heavy when wet. For XC I'd advise any kind of closed tendon boot as opposed to a standard brushing boot.

claire777
16th September 2009, 01:58 PM
I use the Roma Neoprene Sports Boots on Finn for XC. But the only problem is I find they wriggle down his hind legs so I'm looking to get a different style for his hind
(Sorry kaya fpr hijaking your thread but if anyone has any suggestions for hind boots then please let me know)

gemma1309
16th September 2009, 10:46 PM
I always bandage my boy in front using prolite bandage wraps (think they are called) underneath. and bandadge tape on the top. Behind I use Westropp easy close brushing boots - I love these boots and use all round in every day riding. They are breathable,Don't slip, keep moisture away from the legs and are heavy duty. I have had one of my sets for over 5 year and they still come up well(although had a few battle scars lol) Cant rate them high enough. V. reasonably priced.

cocopops
17th September 2009, 11:21 PM
I would also reccomend prolites, expensive but they last for years. If your looking for somehting a bit cheaper it might be worth looking at premier equine- i know a few people wiht boots from them and they seem ok.

My Crazy Clan
19th September 2009, 05:09 PM
What about brushing boots?

Navygirl
28th September 2009, 12:34 PM
I have just been to a cross country competition and I used the masta tendon boots (paid about 15 for them) and brushing boots at the back for Baron (about 10 also made by masta). Did try them over the cross country jumps at home and slipped slightly so I put electrical tape around them to hold them firm and they did a great job! Oh and I used the pull on over-reach boots which are about 4 a pair.

Pirouette
28th September 2009, 04:18 PM
New X-Country 'lite' boots are very good, not sure what they cost.

These are great - very tough and quick-drying.

Savvy
28th September 2009, 10:20 PM
lol glad someone else is using electrical tap!

Navygirl
29th September 2009, 11:33 AM
Savvy, electrical tape is a life saver. I wouldn't be without it! It's not my horse's boots that fall off during the event due to slipping velcro. Hehe.

torgrosset
29th September 2009, 11:50 AM
I used to use NEW boots, can't remember the name of them now as they've changed names since I bought them, but they're the ones with tendon supports down the back of the front legs and a cannon bone guard down the front of the back boots.

Savvy
29th September 2009, 09:59 PM
lol my electrical tape has also made hairbands, temporary tack fixes, trailer fixes....