PDA

View Full Version : Friesian x Coloured cob...

My Crazy Clan
7th February 2010, 05:33 PM
I hate it when they put in adds "make a wonderful brood mare" when their babies their selfs :rant: Shes cute but no way I would put her in foal at that age.

HM001ACDB

My Crazy Clan
7th February 2010, 06:03 PM
Not sure but being in foal and being a growing youngster could have something to do with it.

My Crazy Clan
7th February 2010, 06:28 PM
:lol: I like the little spot type things on her side.

naurarwen
7th February 2010, 06:31 PM
I know the owner of this horse. I'm sure I do. Just gonna check facebook.

ETA: Yes I do know the owner. She breeds coloureds. My friend Sam used to loan one of her youngsters and keep him at my yard.

vels mum
7th February 2010, 06:34 PM
She is gonna be a young mummy! Shame as friesians are very late developers so Id imagine the foal will stunt her growth.

In fact she is younger than Vel, gee wiz :(

Chloe05
7th February 2010, 06:39 PM
personally i dont see any freisian in her at all, she looks to be more along the lines of a gypsy cob x welsh D...her head isnt that of a friesian or a gypsy cob but of a welsh D...thats what i see...also if you look in the first photo welly you can see the ground is unlevel by the slope of the garden in the background...i also feel its wrong of people to breed from such a youngster...anyone who owns a gypsy cob or cob type should know that they dont fully mature until they are at least 6yrs old...my mare god rest her soul..i got her as an apparent 6yr old...i found out she was four..so she grew a few more inches and filled out... grr it irritates me when people do this.

Zeitgeist Mom
7th February 2010, 06:47 PM
I was going to post about this horse too. She is very pretty, but I also don't see frieisan in her - except maybe in the pic of her trotting. But I agree with Chloe, looks more like a Sec D cross trad cob. Such a shame she is in foal so young - I hope it was not done intentionally. :( She also looks very small as she is - as VM said having a foal so young will stunt her growth.

chescar
7th February 2010, 06:52 PM
There is a friesian x cob at my sisters yard - looks nothing like that!
The one at my sisters yard is the same shape as a friesian but coloured like a cob! Gorgeous

Sasca
7th February 2010, 07:45 PM
The one at my sisters yard is the same shape as a friesian but coloured like a cob! Gorgeous

Sounds like my type of horse!

this one wouldn't stand out well and is just 'ok' she looks sweet but doesn't sound like very considerate owners...

Puss in boots
7th February 2010, 07:50 PM
Poor mare, she is a baby to have all that going on :frown:

My Crazy Clan
7th February 2010, 07:51 PM
There is a friesian x cob at my sisters yard - looks nothing like that!

Any photos :evilgrin:

My Crazy Clan
7th February 2010, 07:51 PM
I guess though, they don't have to really look like one or the other being crossbred, she might look like either when shes older.

vels mum
7th February 2010, 07:58 PM
I guess though, they don't have to really look like one or the other being crossbred, she might look like either when shes older.

True, although I bet the seller will get more for her because she has friesian blood, its hard to sum the horse up from a few pics, but yes the friesian might come out in her when she is older.
Although anyone could sell a gypsy cob and say it has freisian blood just to add a zero on the end of the asking price!

Smurf
7th February 2010, 08:02 PM
Poor girl, she is a baby having a baby.

amandaxx1
7th February 2010, 09:17 PM
Shes gorgeous isnt she

Loony
7th February 2010, 10:36 PM
Such a shame.

BEX101
7th February 2010, 10:48 PM
says shes been "brought on slowly" ???? errm - shes not even 3 yet!?