PDA

View Full Version : Might of Found A New Horse!

CityLights
7th September 2009, 01:22 PM
some of you might think its a bit quick after loosing Dennis but i want to get on and do things and i was sort of half prepered to be having Dennis put to sleep from the day i bought him, his last qualification card came through today though :(

Found a horsey that is perfect though, 16.3hh 13yo chestnut trakkherner gelding called Ollie, competing at Elementary and has jumped and won money BSJA although hasnt jumped for a few years

not loaned before but the lady wants a contract and references whihc i would want anyway going to go look at him soon yey

Lorraine
7th September 2009, 01:25 PM
Ollie sounds lovely. Good luck :)

chance encounter
7th September 2009, 01:25 PM
I think the best thing is keep doing what you normally do. I remember having a two week break between selling our little pony to buying Chance and I was really unhappy and upset as my routine had changed. I know it is different losing a horse but I do think sticking to your routine would help you move on. Good luck with your viewing.

CDR
7th September 2009, 01:41 PM
Ooo sounds brill, good luck!

Susan
7th September 2009, 02:07 PM
Sounds like a lovely horse, hope all goes well. I have found with pets that when I lose one I have the initial feeling of 'I can't go through this again' but very quickly afterwards I know that I would not be me without my animals. x

Loony
7th September 2009, 02:36 PM
Best of luck, sounds lovely.. loving the name too!!

Having another horse will never replace Dennis, but it'll fill in the emptiness that having no horse/losing a horse brings!

CityLights
7th September 2009, 02:36 PM
I'm glad no one thinks Im being insensitive or anything was worried that people might think that, I'm going looking at him on Saturday in LONDON!!! (i live in Lancashire!)the only negative i think the owner doesnt mind him moving was the frist thing we asked as she wants him to go to a good competition home and thats what i would be doing

He also Bows! yey gonna have soo much fun

Loony
7th September 2009, 02:40 PM
:scared: Crrikkkeeyyy, thats a long way! Hope he's worth it :lol:

bimba
7th September 2009, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't worry about going to fast or anything like that, you'll never be able to replace one horse with another and there's no reason for you not to get something else if the right horse comes along.

Ollie sounds really nice and hopefully you'll be able to do a lot with him *fingers crossed* it goes well for you!

jodee
7th September 2009, 05:36 PM
he sounds nice! let us know how it goes!

My Crazy Clan
7th September 2009, 07:33 PM
Go for it!

Kilota
8th September 2009, 01:20 AM
Dont worry so much about 'replacing'

Just do it in your own time and ready when you are, you will never be replacing him, just moving on to a new chapter in your life. Afterall, moving on NEVER means forgetting them, unless you choose to.

Big big hugs xxxx

Very wise words.
My sister lost her old man in the December of 2007............and brought her new pony in the April four months later. She just felt it was the right thing to do.

Good luck with this new horse, I hope all goes well for you.

Mungo Madness
8th September 2009, 11:50 AM
I don't think it's possible to "replace" a horse, it will never be the same, but it can be another horse? Like, if needs be the emotional side of it can be barred for a while until you are ready, and then having that horse there with you whilst you cope with your lost one can increase you're bond anyway.

Good luck, hope it goes well! :D Don't forget photos as soon as :P

K8E
8th September 2009, 12:02 PM
He sounds lovely. Good luck.