PDA

View Full Version : Trailer, how much is this worth?

Maria
16th February 2010, 12:18 PM
Just a rough guide would be great please. I don't know its age. I am trying to find that out. I phoned IW but was told there is a digit missing from the serial number I was given.

Thanks, you've all helped so much. I'm going to see the new IW double trailer tomorrow. Hopefully with some strict saving I can get a new trailer this summer.

The lady's asking 1600 ono. I'm tempted to save and buy a brand new one as I'm under the impression they hold their value well. But if this is reasonable...?
Thank you!

GR & Me
16th February 2010, 12:40 PM
Thats too much. Yes, they do hold their value very well but it looks like it needs a bit of attention to be honest. A paint job would prob do the trick. If you can afford to get a new one, it would be well worth it. As long as you keep it in tiptop condition you will get a good re-sale (if you ever sell it on).

Ive just bought one, have a look on Pictures and its called ... "New purchase ... trailer". I think mine is in better condition and I paid less than what that lady is asking. Have a look and see what you think.

CityLights
16th February 2010, 12:44 PM
No idea, but that seems a little pricey, how much are similar ones up for sale, have a flick through the horse and hound

Maria
16th February 2010, 12:50 PM
I've had a look on ebay and I thought that this one is overpriced. The seller doesn't seem to think so though - she was saying a friend of hers paid much more for hers. But I don't know the age of this trailer. ??

I've never owned a trailer before so I think I'd be more confident using a new one, knowing the horses would be safe in it.

GR & Me I just took a look at your trailer - it looks really good!

GR & Me
16th February 2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks Maria. Yeah maybe get a new one from an Ifor dealer. Think they are about 3,800??? Not sure though. It looks like a 1995 age, perhaps older??? If you can get the correct seriel no then I have found Ifor Williams very helpful with info.

Maria
16th February 2010, 12:58 PM
Yes, I have been told by IW that a new HB506 will cost me 3,850 - I don't know what they're like to drop a little bit off the price tag?
I don't think I'll ask for the correct serial number now because I think my mind is pretty much made up...
Looks like I'lll be saving all my pennies and spending it faster than I can earn it! LOL!

GR & Me
16th February 2010, 01:05 PM
Ha, yes, you certainly will be. You can also decide on colour and which side you want the ramp, etc.

They may knock a bit of money off of the price, you can always try!

Maria
16th February 2010, 01:12 PM
Oh no, now I have to make decisions! (I'm not always good at that)... I like graphite for the colour but have heard different opinions on right/left ramps.
Maybe I could sell the horses to pay for the trailer?

vels mum
16th February 2010, 02:31 PM
Id say she will get around 1200 for it, but thats if the underneath is in good condition. Id get a mechanic to have a look, if underneath is good and the ali floor does make it more expensive, a lick of paint and you'd be surprised!!

Maria
16th February 2010, 03:22 PM
I wonder is my father would be any good to have a look at it. He's into mechanics and sorts out all the cars in the family and tricky jobs. I still don't think its worth 1600. She did say ono. But 1200 is a bit of a drop isn't it? The asking price is putting me off.

What about the hinges? They are quite rusty. Will they need replacing and is it costly?

Thanks for all of the feedback, I really appreciate it. x

I've just spoken to my father and we've come to the decision that buying a new one would be best, seeing as trailers tend to hold their value and I'm looking to keep the trailer long-term. We're going to see a HB506 tomorrow to see what we think. :)

gemma1309
16th February 2010, 10:08 PM
My friend got the very similar model (mid 90's model she thinks) last year and bought it for 800 and hers looks in better condition than this one (especially paint work) So I would say thins was well overpriced and better to save your pennies for a new one.
Another livery has just bought a mint condition Ifor Williams (not brand new model but last one that was out) for 1800 don't know if that helps at all with any decisions)