PDA

View Full Version : Where best to advertise

samhall_ogden
16th February 2010, 09:35 PM
Where do you think is best to advertise a pony for sale

I have had Robin up for sale on Horse Hunter, Preloved and free Ads and I have only had 2 people to see him and I put him up for sale 2 weeks before christmas.

I know we have had some rotten weather and there's a credit crunch but I am only asking 995 for him he's a lovely lad 13hh 8 years old willing to try anything good at jumping hunts and has started dressage he does need a competant rider.

Am I asking to much or am I advertising on the wrong sites?

Any advise happily recieved as I need to sell him as I have bought a new pony and am on borrowed grazing temporarily.

backtobasics
16th February 2010, 09:42 PM
how about local tack shops,riding stables,,,,you could also maybe advertise in your local paper
xgood luck,,

injioho
17th February 2010, 03:02 PM
I wouldn't say you're asking too much at all!

Ones I can think of are:
Horsemart
New Rider
Horsesforsale
The Horse Exchange
Horse and Rider
Ad Horse UK
e-neigh
Horse and Hound
Horse Wizard

Also try by word of mouth. Tell as many horsey people as you can that you're selling him as someone might know somebody that's interested.

chescar
17th February 2010, 03:24 PM
I would say horsemart is your best bet

rowy
18th February 2010, 01:44 PM
to add to the list:
horsequest (tho i think may be expensive)
horse deals is a good one :)

samhall_ogden
4th March 2010, 10:00 PM
Right I've bitten the bullet and splashed the cash he is now on Horsemart so we will see if it makes any difference.

Lorraine
5th March 2010, 07:49 AM
Adverts can also be placed in the classifieds section of this site.

doodledoo
5th March 2010, 08:00 PM
the local paper is probably your best bet, also tack shops and horse and hound magazine.

CityLights
5th March 2010, 08:24 PM
When im looking i only ever look on Horsemart and horsedeals, thats it nothing else really has anything good on i dont think, i also will occasionally look on horse quest but they tend to be more southern horses and pricey

samhall_ogden
12th March 2010, 02:53 PM
:( still nothing not anything at all.

I would have though people would have started looking by now.

This is the first pony I have sold does it go in seasons or something?

If I keep advertising him will it look like there is something wrong with him?

Should I reduce him? I didn't think I was asking alot though.

Oh if only I had my own field he could stop there with no problems at all. :D

samhall_ogden
16th March 2010, 05:41 PM
So after moaning no one had called about him, I had 2 phone calls 1 from a lady who said she would come to view him and then didn't bother GRRRRRR and another asking if he was ok for 2 little girls who had just started lessons and were on the lead rein It must be me cos I thought 2nd pony for experianced competant rider meant exactly that.

Rant over.

Sam