PDA

View Full Version : First event.. 13 March.. Report!

cocopops
23rd February 2010, 09:13 PM
That is less than 3 weeks EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.:rofl:
BE90 at Poplar Park

Well we made it here, i have been ill all week and my breathing as been rubbis, altough getting better now, Coco got a lift in the lorry with my boss, and i drove down to arrive earlier to walk the course before my dressage time.
Arrived a little later than planned, and set off to walk the xc.
Nice course, none of the fences themselves terrribly challenging, but a couple on steep hills, weaving through woods, of on a downhill slope where the ground dropped away quite quickly. Happy with the course anyway.

Went and met the lorry and studded up etc, and got ready for dressage, warmed up really well and was pretty relaxed. Went into the arena and he was alot tenser than he had been warming up, but still fairly good for him.

Went back to the lorry for a bit and then onwards to our SJ, they were taking us when we where ready so had a warm up and he jumped really nicely, onto the course which was in a nice big arena, and he jumped lovely, untill i went to shortern him for an upright and he then chipped a stride in and had it down, clear the rest of the round and he got me out of a sticky moment in the double, the striding was very long!
As i rode in they announced our dressage mark,, 37, our best yet.
So left she SJ pleased but irritated i tried to change his stride to the fence!

Onto the XC, people having a few probs with horses not seeing fences untill the last minute as you go through the woods etc and stopping, and the last fence, a roll top with a blue wooden wave on top of it.. quite alot of problems here, also Coco hadn't been XC for 5 months, and i wasnt certain how fit he was, as we missed work due to the snow.
Warmed up well and pinged the warm ups, onto course and he was very happy to be XC again, he loves it!

We went clear but ended up with 7.4 time faults, i trotted round a couple of corners to give him a straight shot at the slightly hidden fences, and we didnt push on along the straight stretches, although he was fine when we finished, and i neednt really of worried about his fitness!

Very pleased overall, we didnt finish on great score, but it all seems to be coming together now!

CityLights
23rd February 2010, 09:20 PM
Thats close hopefully the weather wil be better by then im sure eventing mid snow isnt that fun!
Good Luck

casper_cb
26th February 2010, 01:18 PM
*Fingers crossed* for you and Coco at Poplar. I can't believe it's come round sooo fast, not been out XC or SJ with Oscar since last year, and that was his last ODE where we WD. He's currently unclipped and looking pretty ferral! Hopefully it will dry out a bit by the 13th and you'll have a super run.

We're off to Aston unafilliated on the 7th, I'm not confident it will run with this weather though.

cocopops
26th February 2010, 10:11 PM
Well ive been SJ, although in a tiny indoor arena! and am stressaging on Tue, not going to get out xc schooling though, last XC was Keysoe last september, although it was a super run. Mine is clipped and ready to go apart from that though. Not sure about Aston, but the ground does get pretty waterlogged up there.. i remember the water jump flooding a couple of years ago. Very wet day and lorry with no living.. very unpleasant day! I have heard from higher powers that Oasby is pretty much as good as cancelled. Not a good start to the season!
Poplar are still taking some entries and the soil is quite sandy so it should run.

cocopops
13th March 2010, 09:21 PM
Updated with a report now..

CityLights
13th March 2010, 10:11 PM
Well done thats a good result really ofr the firs tone of the season and not knowing how fit he would be going XC, i would of given him a few trots as well i would rather get a good jump and a few time faults than rush it and maybe knock his confidence

claire777
15th March 2010, 08:15 PM
Really well done, do you have any pics of your day?

cocopops
15th March 2010, 10:59 PM
Only one of Coco looking silly with his curly hair..
The rest are professional pics, so i cant post them on here.

doodledoo
16th March 2010, 09:11 AM
really pleased for you, sounds like you did great!

claire777
17th March 2010, 08:47 AM
Only one of Coco looking silly with his curly hair..
The rest are professional pics, so i cant post them on here.

Aw thats a shame - PM to me would love to see them :)

casper_cb
17th March 2010, 02:56 PM
Congrats.
You must be pleased.
Have you got any more planned?

cocopops
17th March 2010, 09:00 PM
So pleased.. but hes in the bad books now as he pulled a shoe on Tues, he was having a tantrum because i was bringing other horses in before him!
Im considering Eland Lodge.. need to think quick and sort entries out really, and then moreton morrell at the beginnning of may, and possibly Shelford Manor at the end. Milton keynes 1 and keysoe are out as jon is doing them and unfortunately one us us has to be at work!