PDA

View Full Version : Pessoas - Fake or Genuine?

millimoo
24th February 2010, 06:36 PM
Hi Guys

Not sure if I've put this in the right place or not - apologies if not.

I'm looking to get a pessoa to use on my lad a couple of days a week to help him get back into work and help his balance, I've read all the "fors" and "against" on it and my YO swears by it for youngsters... anyway, looking on ebay etc there are alot of fake pessoas that are alot cheaper than the genuine one, also there is a John Whitaker one that comes with a roller.

Has anyone brought a fake one - did it do the job as good as the genuine one? Did you hate it and end up buy the genuine one anyway? What are your thoughts on the cheaper versions?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance xx

My Crazy Clan
24th February 2010, 07:00 PM
:pmsl: I have just posted the same thing about the fake Pessoa! Sorry no help but I would be intrested to know!

chescar
24th February 2010, 08:19 PM
I have a fake one from ebay. Cant remember the make. Just like the real thing and came with a roller too for about 40

I swear by it. Done loads for Troy Boy's balance and canter tranistions

Bay Chaos
24th February 2010, 09:58 PM
I have the John whitaker one. It's really good.

amandaxx1
24th February 2010, 10:59 PM
Yep I got my friend one for xmas from ebay, it does the job great and was 25 quid

rowy
25th February 2010, 10:39 AM
I love my one. I bought it from ebay for 30 or something. fake one lol. but it has the soft fluffy bit that goes behind the horse which i think is good!
Dancer has really improved since using it on her and has helped her build muscle in the right place!

Just wondering what age I should start using it on my youngster? should i wait until i've backed and ridden him?

Burnie
25th February 2010, 12:29 PM
I've used both as I borrowed a real one from someone on the yard to try it and then ended up buying one of the fake eBay ones. It does just as good a job!

Chloe05
26th February 2010, 01:37 PM
i have posted on rhea's thread with pic's of the difference its made to my boy, please take a look if you would like to see the difference

doodledoo
5th March 2010, 04:15 PM
the john whitaker one is excellent, havent tried fake one though.