PDA

View Full Version : Livery/Grazing/Yard WANTED Haresfield Glos

Houndsfield
1st March 2010, 05:02 PM
Just found out that our livery yard is being taken over by new management in one month's time.....

We think we need to move on, and wondered if anyone knows of a small yard, or DIY livery pref with decent riding and hopefully a school in the Stonehouse,Leonard Stanley, Eastington, Stroud area of Gloucestershire..... anything considered......

Many thanks!

fairyfeet
1st March 2010, 07:16 PM
Move here and there's a 3 stable/4 acre yard up for rent a few miles from me!

Anni~Bell
1st March 2010, 07:20 PM
Shiela whereabouts?

fairyfeet
1st March 2010, 07:22 PM
Friday Bridge

rowy
2nd March 2010, 11:28 AM
ferneyhough is in Haresfield and has indoor and outdoor.
bownhill livery has indoor, outdoor and cross country
billow farm is lush with 2 outdoors and a really nice indoor school but more towards frampton area so too far?

Houndsfield
3rd March 2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks! I know Rowland I'm currently half a mile away from him...... he's full.
Bownhill is crap.....
Billow sounds good - but just too far for me......

Fairyfeet - where are you? and where's the yard???? !!!!

rowy
4th March 2010, 11:09 AM
oh thats a shame about ferneyhough!

There are a couple of small yards at Randwick if you know where that is, between stroud and haresfield. I can't remember the names though :( one has a outdoor school but im not sure if the other does. you could drive around there or place a wanted add on the internet is what i did to see if there were any yards for rent.

sorry im not sure this helped much :/ hope you find a place soon!!

Houndsfield
4th March 2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks Rowy,

Randwick is actually only a mile away from home and could be perfect..... I'll go and have a drive around!!!! Got a couple of horsey friends in that village so will ask them too! Good thinking!!!

Houndsfield
6th March 2010, 06:55 PM
SORTED....... SORTED.......SORTED.........!!!!!!

After a meeting last night with the 'New Manager and her side kick'...... that was enough for us!!!!! WE'RE OUT!

The colt is having surgery next Wednesday - and will go from Vets after a few days in..... straight to new yard............where he'll be on box rest until fully sound.... (gonna cost a fortune for a few month - but hey ho!!!) Then a week or so late our other horse - the eventer will join him........... such a fab yard.......... feel so sorry for the new Manager at our yard (shouldn't have been such a pompous bitch at the meeting........ final straw - no regard for the colt's hock surgery !!!!) ...... LOSER !!!!!!! :-))))))))

Aeia
6th March 2010, 07:32 PM
Glad you're sorted. I'm at Hill Farm in Frocester but pretty sure its full. Where are you moving to?

Houndsfield
7th March 2010, 09:32 AM
2 youngster's from our yard are coming to you Aeia on grass keep....... I'm going to www.hollowfarm.co.uk It's pricey - but all the facilities are fab - and we will make full use of them! I'm soooo looking forward to it now we've made our mind up!

Aeia
7th March 2010, 11:56 AM
Wow.. looks posh but as you say pricey. I'd never use all those facilities. Really enjoying Hill Farm so far we have a nice little indoor school which is great for getting Neo started and the hacking looks amazing. Only explored a small amount of it so far as its been a bit wet so been sticking mainly to the lanes. I pay 97 a month for DIY have to pay bedding and haylage on top but its all available on site.