PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for timewasters! UPDATE pg5

Loony
7th March 2010, 12:42 AM
Sorry guys, I haven't been neglecting you I promise! There's just been NOTHING about, and if there was then they're always a bit too expensive and won't drop the price. I found a drop dead gorgeous coloured last week, would've been perfect for me, but would she drop the price? Noooo. :rant:

Anywaaayy.. I also asked about this one, and she said no at first. But then I got an email that I found tonight saying she'd had quite a few timewasters so would now be willing to accept my lower offer knowing that she'd be going to a good home. Wahey!

I've asked more questions about her, so lets hope the answers are all good.

HM004EC52

bimba
7th March 2010, 12:51 AM
13 years really isn't old though, I got Mac when he was 13 and even having raced for 8 years he had a lot of life left in him - it was really only because of his freak injury to his pelvis that we had to slow up! She is gorgeous and as she's done a bit of everything she'd be great for your confidence too.

Loony
7th March 2010, 12:54 AM
Well, 14 pretty much. :lol: But no it's not that I think they're old now, it's just that they're a hell of a lot closer to be classed as an old horse. But it's not bothering me at all really, so maybe I should take out the age bit.

bimba
7th March 2010, 01:02 AM
I know what you mean about being closer to being an old horse, you want to be able to enjoy them for as long as possible!

Loony
7th March 2010, 01:04 AM
Yeah exactly, it's just that. But if I have to sacrifice something to get the horse I want then that's fine.

My Crazy Clan
7th March 2010, 01:06 AM
Is that the one I showed you last week?

If so, I hope she decides to let her tack go with her as well as dropping the price.

Loony
7th March 2010, 01:07 AM
Yep the tacks all included. Originally she said she would accept the lower offer but wouldn't include the saddle in that. So I said I wouldn't have enough for the vettings, transport etc aswell as having to pay for the saddle. But now she's changed her mind :)

Can't remember who it was that shown me her to be honest, was quite a while ago now!

Teej
7th March 2010, 01:09 AM
Oh Wow! She is stunning, just my kind of horse :) Hope all goes well for you x

My Crazy Clan
7th March 2010, 01:17 AM
Hope you view her, it is her, I posted about her a while ago on FTHM :lol:

Loony
7th March 2010, 01:19 AM
Thanks :). What am I letting myself in for with a grey!? :scared: :pmsl:

My Crazy Clan
7th March 2010, 01:49 AM
ah they ain't that day, summers great, winter not so great but she will be rugged and stabled? so she'll be fine.

chescar
7th March 2010, 08:12 AM
Did I show you this one on cheshire horse a while ago?

She sounds perfect - troy is now 14 and is the best he has ever been

scewae
7th March 2010, 08:25 AM
She looks lovely! My mare is 13 this year and has just started to act sensible, still many years of fun to be had left in her.

BEX101
7th March 2010, 08:49 AM
i hope its "the one"

sparkey
7th March 2010, 09:13 AM
She looks like such a lady! :D I can see you with her loon.

funkyboots
7th March 2010, 09:25 AM
oh good coz i typed it in and got a grey and sure you mentioned coloured...my first was a fleabitten, 9 she was, a loonatic but went point to point and then calmed down in her teens

smellycat
7th March 2010, 09:29 AM
sounds promising! keep us updated :)

Anni~Bell
7th March 2010, 09:58 AM
She sounds just up your street :) Hope everything goes well :)

Zeitgeist Mom
7th March 2010, 10:24 AM
Oh YES! She looks lovely!! I think she is just the type of horse you need. Ticks all the boxes, and I am glad you have looked slightly over 10 years old. Louis didn't really settle into a mature sensible horse until he was ten.

Pie_x
7th March 2010, 10:26 AM
Oooo I'm so excited :D :D !!

Sorry if you have already said, I can't remember but when are you off to see her? x

Zeitgeist Mom
7th March 2010, 10:34 AM
Greys aren't that hard to keep clean. Silver is always way cleaner than Kita!

eeek
7th March 2010, 11:02 AM
She looks lovely and there is something seriously classy about a grey mare. I have always wanted one!

Loony
7th March 2010, 11:31 AM
Not arranged anything yet Mica, have asked some questions first.

Thanks guys.

gem
7th March 2010, 11:38 AM
Greys generally aren't that bad unless they're Saffy I've learned. The other greys on the yard aren't nearly as filthy :( She looks like good fun. Let us know how you get on!

Pie_x
7th March 2010, 11:49 AM
Aww okay, shes gorgeous x

Horse Mad Mum
7th March 2010, 11:54 AM
she looks lovely and sounds perfect!! Good luck HMM X

dun blonde
7th March 2010, 03:34 PM
She looks like a lot of fun,and very versatile!!

Rather you than me with a grey lol:lol:

Playing devils advocate again,but couple of things.Age is higher than I would go for,but if you're happy with that then no reason to rule her out.Just check if there is any way of proving age,like DOB on passport,or lot of history on passport,as proving it from teeth is very difficult once they are over 12 or so.It would be very easy to pass off a 18 yr old horse as 14 for example,so just be aware and try and get some proof of age.
Insurance is another thing to bear in mind,check out with the company you were going to use what age they start classing as veterans,some do it as young as 16 now unfortunately,and may mean either can't get sufficient cover or will cost you more.Not the end of the world but I always consider all consequences when buying a horse,of course that could just be me being far too sensible and boring:o

Other thing is they have not included any sort of confo shot in the pics,probably just thought it better to show pics of her doing stuff,but again just be aware to pay special attention to what her confo is like when you see her.Or maybe you could ask for them to e-mail you one of they have one?? Would be terrible to get there and find out she has awful sickle hocks or something.

After all that practicality I shall say no more other than to wish you luck:)

Loony
7th March 2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks dun blonde. Will definately have a look at the passport, are they 100% accurate then? To be honest she is older than what I was looking for, but I'm thinking an older horse might do me good to get my confidence up.

micki
7th March 2010, 09:09 PM
She looks lovely. The age of her certainly wouldn't put me off if she does everything that they say, she has the experience to give you loads of confidence to do things with her. Good luck with her and i hope all the answers are good ones and you get to view her. I have a grey(all be it a dark grey) but he is easy to keep clean, he goes very light when he is moulting!

beks the artist
7th March 2010, 10:29 PM
Well I bought Taran at 13, still got plenty of life left in him! Not old at all.

The mare looks and sounds perfect for you xxx

Lesley_78
7th March 2010, 10:40 PM
She's lovely

dun blonde
7th March 2010, 11:46 PM
Thanks dun blonde. Will definately have a look at the passport, are they 100% accurate then? To be honest she is older than what I was looking for, but I'm thinking an older horse might do me good to get my confidence up.

No not at all,and quite honestly if she has one from the horse passport agency or similar dated two weeks ago,run a mile!!

However they can be useful if they are a breed passport for example,should have all details on then including DOB.
Even if not a breed passport for her breed (you would be surprised,I have an appy that is passported with the dartmoor pony society,work that out lol),then still might have useful history if she has held the passport a long time.Get a sneaky hold of previous owner details if you can and google for a phone number,a very good trick I have used once or twice;).Check on page that vet does what age was put,and when that was done.There should be things on the passport that can prove age to a certain extent,unless is a very new passport,then personally I wouldn't touch with a very long barge pole.

I'm not saying something that age wouldn't be great for you hun,am just over cautious as to making sure horse is the age it is supposed to be,as know how very easy it is to make a horse that sort of age a few years younger than it actually is.I know many sellers that have knocked off a couple of years on a teenage horse,at the end of the day saying a horse is 12 or 13 sounds a heck of a lot better than saying it is 15 or 16,and it is sooo easy to get away with as is no clear way to prove otherwise,unless there is documented history with the horse.

I'm sure this seller is totally genuine,but it never hurts to be cautious;)

Ask for the confo shot as well,always worth checking out before you travel to see her.

I should probably stay away from your threads as you will end up not buying anything with my sensible head ruining it for you:o

helena
8th March 2010, 05:20 AM
Passports are only as accurate as the person who fills them in! This said as they know her breeding they will probably know her previous owners so you could trace her age that way. She looks a goos horse, well worth the money, and 13 is not old. I have competed several horses well into their 20's and one into it's 30's.

injioho
8th March 2010, 10:06 AM
Agreeing with everyone else! She looks perfect for you and sooo much fun! Gosh loon I can't get over how stunning she is. Really hope you go to view her and it works out for you :) She's my fave that you've shown us so far!

Also, as everyone else said, the age thing really is no issue at all. Scooby wasn't backed until he was 8ish (not sure of actual age because of dodgy passport) and I know I won't have finished working on him until he is into his teens. Take Mandi's Sov and Mony for example, they've still got plenty of life in them at nearly 40!

Hope things go well :)

africa
8th March 2010, 12:15 PM
She looks lovely. Sounds like a good natured girl as well

Lucy B
8th March 2010, 12:40 PM
she looks perfect, good luck

Smurf
8th March 2010, 02:28 PM
she looks lovely and lots of fun. 14 is not old and if she has done alot of things then theat will give you alot of confidence to try new things that you haven't done before. Good luck

Loony
8th March 2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks for all the advice! Don't be silly, I appreciate sensible heads too :lol: Will study every part of her passport!

Thanks guys, I do really like her. First one in a while that I have really liked. :)

Loony
8th March 2010, 10:15 PM
Nevermind, she's not a confidence giver

Impatient now! :(

Anni~Bell
9th March 2010, 06:46 AM
Your kiding me :(

Zeitgeist Mom
9th March 2010, 07:46 AM
:confused: Can't find the update :confused: Have you been to see her?

Smurf
9th March 2010, 07:51 AM
What happened Loony??

My Crazy Clan
9th March 2010, 11:57 AM
Ladies, Her post is on the 5th page at the bottom :)

so sorry hun, i thought she was going to be the one.

Kelza
9th March 2010, 12:24 PM
Damn it!!!!!

Loony
9th March 2010, 06:21 PM
I have another I have an eye on, will let you know if I go and see her and will show you her.

Mungo Madness
9th March 2010, 06:23 PM
Oh no :(

Really hope you find something soon :(

amandaxx1
9th March 2010, 09:52 PM
Aw thats a shame. Its like house buying isnt it lol!!!!

micki
10th March 2010, 09:51 PM
That's a pity as she looked so nice. The right horse is out there somewhere waiting for you to find it:)

Zeitgeist Mom
13th March 2010, 06:03 PM
Is Kylie still for saLE :evilgrin:

Loony
13th March 2010, 06:51 PM
Pffft God knows, I'm past caring!!

Zeitgeist Mom
13th March 2010, 08:04 PM
Awwww..... but she's so booooful....... Buy her so I can live vicariously through you! :lol:

chescar
13th March 2010, 08:07 PM
There are a couple of nice ones on merseyhorse just now

Loony
14th March 2010, 05:22 PM
Aghh I know ZM, ah well.

Will check em out Jo.