PDA

View Full Version : offer of share horse- update

llloyds12
8th March 2010, 02:25 PM
today i went and had my 1st ride on the share horse that i answered the ad too. the horse is lovely and i felt very safe on her. the question is - with those of you who share, do you pay a month in advance or do you pay weekly. i have no agreement drawn up, just go and have 2 lessons a week, then they said i could have unlimited riding which i dont think will happen very quickly and they will also teach me some parelli. they are very nice people but i dont know if i would be better off by having weekly lessons ina riding school where i have no other commitments or to carry on with share horse and see how it goes. i have 2 youngsters which i need to be doing serious work with this year as i wish to show them in hand so need to make sure i have the time for them but also wanting to get my confidence back in the saddle. any comments would be much appreciated as really am in a quandry as to what to do.

Welly
22nd March 2010, 12:43 PM
I guess it all depends on what you are wanting to get from sharing.. do you want to be involved in the day to day and get more of a bond with the horse, or as you have your own are you happy to just have riding lessons at a school, turn up ride, get off and go?
I share and pay monthly by standing order straight into owners account. We don't have an agreement drawn up either but we both know what is expected of us on which days.. It is still early days for us but we're enjoying it and it works well so far xx

Maria1986
22nd March 2010, 01:15 PM
Like Welly I pay by standing order into the owners account - the money goes out of my account on the 1st for the month to pay for the coming month. We have no agreement drawn up, but me and the other sharer know what is expected, what we can and cannot do and we work it out amoungst ourselves to make sure Beth is feed, watered, mucked out and excercised everyday.

llloyds12
22nd March 2010, 09:39 PM
thank you for your replies. i didnt take up the offer of the share for several reasons but am now riding my friends horse and helping her by paying a bit each time i ride. xxx