PDA

View Full Version : Why so cheap?

Lucy
18th September 2009, 09:57 AM
Hes a lovely looking lad...unusual description too.. :confused:

Dont like the second pic..very over bent.

HM933LA8F

Just curious really.

nic
18th September 2009, 10:06 AM
Think these people are scammers as if you read the other adverts you cant get a 14.1hh Friesian!! Also all the adverts listed the phone numbers are all different by one digit and start as 070 which I wouldn't be surprised if you are actually calling someone abroad as on other adverts landlines are listed and mobiles are all 078 or 079 or 077.....I think I've seen other adverts from these people selling 'friesians' before.

Looks fishy to me!!:confused:

loubylou
18th September 2009, 02:00 PM
yeah 070 isnt a mobile number- its like a 'disguised' number like they do in the adtrader now, prob not abroad however i wouldnt want to chance it!

also 3 horses for sale in different parts of the country- soething very fishy there!

Loony
18th September 2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah definately a con going on there!! That description makes me laugh, it reminds me of the M&S adverts!! :lol:

My Crazy Clan
18th September 2009, 03:06 PM
Very foshy!

Lucy
18th September 2009, 07:41 PM
I agree about the M&S thing Emmalou lol!

Lucy
18th September 2009, 07:42 PM
What are they trying to scam though do you think? Because if there is no horse to buy then theer is no money to be exchanged? :confused: very weird.

Loony
18th September 2009, 07:44 PM
I think they get you to send a cheque or something.. I've heard of it before. Obviously only very dim people would fall for it! But they get you to send them money.

helena
18th September 2009, 09:48 PM
Its a scam, sounds like one of the nigerian ones to me - they'll often get you to put a deposit down with a cheque before you even see the horse, telling you something like the horse has to go to the sales because of whatever, and they want a deposit to know you are not a timewaster etc so they will pull the horse from the sale.

There was one of these in horsemart a bit back where the horse was clearly in America from the pictures, but was supposed to be in the north-east!

Loony
18th September 2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks for clearing that up! I knew it was something like that! They tend to just pick up images from Google don't they??