PDA

View Full Version : What do i need to take ?????

Kim
11th March 2010, 09:50 PM
Our pony is arriving on our yard tomorrow (fri)

Without sounding totally incompetant, what shall i take and buy to start us off with her. We have some tack, but im thinking grooming gear ect???

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated LOL thanks

Evening Star
11th March 2010, 09:57 PM
It really depends what is coming with her. I'm guessing they'll be sending rugs and possibly saddle/bridle/headcollar with her?

You'll need a grooming kit at least and anything thats not in the above list and possibly feed, feed buckets, mucking out equipment...

You shouldn't need too much in the first week as a trial and you decide to keep her you can start to think more seriously about getting all the other necessities

CDR
11th March 2010, 09:59 PM
Get a spare headcollar and leadrope too. Leadrope could break and either of them could disappear if it's anything like my yard!!

Also water bucket, haynet, hoof pick, feed bucket and feed are probably the most important things plus rugs.

Kim
11th March 2010, 10:16 PM
She will be on part livery on our yard. So feed and stuff will be catered for.

I think i may go and buy her a pretty head collar!! We have her for a week, so i hope shes ok and we keep her. I wont buy much until after the week is up. The yard owner will lend us some tack , then hopefully we will buy some tack from her.

CDR
11th March 2010, 11:01 PM
She will be on part livery on our yard. So feed and stuff will be catered for.

I think i may go and buy her a pretty head collar!! We have her for a week, so i hope shes ok and we keep her. I wont buy much until after the week is up. The yard owner will lend us some tack , then hopefully we will buy some tack from her.

Are you sure the livery includes feed? Most yards don't because horses have such a variety of different feeds. Hay could well be included though, it is at my yard. Also we are expected to have our own buckets, haynets etc. Basically they provide the stable, the shavings, the hay and use of mucking out tools.

My Crazy Clan
12th March 2010, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't buy anything just yet, well except a grooming kit, maybe your y/o can lend you some buckets etc, I would check with the horse owner first to see what food she has.