PDA

View Full Version : What's been your best tack shop bargain??

Twizzel
18th September 2009, 03:06 PM
I have just returned from the tack shop, which to my delight had a 50% off Musto sale!! :worship:

I got a base layer for hunting- 15, a gorgeous coat for 40 and a pair of Ultimate Snug jods for 32.50 (I have never seen these reduced ever!). Very happy Twizzel, who should hopefully be very warm this winter! :evilgrin:

So, what's been your best horsey bargain??

loubylou
18th September 2009, 03:11 PM
Errrr does ebay count ;)

I desperately needed some new jods and I was looking at the gorringe colourful checked Jods back in the summer but they were nearly 50 a pair, so after much deliberation decided I would wait and see if I could get some online. Popped back into the tack shop to get something else a few days later and the jods had been reduced to half price :) So I got 2 pairs!

I was looking for a new tweed for showing, which I wanted to have navy and canary in it, and the only one I found that I liked was 200+ So was looking a getting one for my birthday. I went into the tackshop and found a tweed thats just as nice the otherday for less than half that, so have managed to get that and a new riding hat with flesh coloured harness for less than the original jacket!!

Not huge bargains but made my day :)

beks the artist
18th September 2009, 03:13 PM
I think my bargain was actually Taran!!!!

1600 for a full Welsh D who jumps the moon, excellent to hack, beautiful to look at and all mine :D

CityLights
18th September 2009, 04:53 PM
I bought a Kyra K coat for 40 and then two kyra k hoodies and tops for 40 whihc is like the price you would pay for just the one!

stuff is stupidly pricey at the moment i wanted just some bandages and one of the local stores had them for 20!!!! for bandages!! i went somewhere else and got them for 10

Loony
18th September 2009, 05:39 PM
God I can't wait till I can go in a tack shop and buy something for a horse for once :lol:

CityLights
18th September 2009, 06:22 PM
Oo i got a second hand Kentucky blue jacket for 40, all it needed was a good dry clean and it looks fab,

My Crazy Clan
19th September 2009, 02:10 PM
My royal blue brushing boots 5!