PDA

View Full Version : Rubber matting

loubylou
18th September 2009, 03:58 PM
Whats best to look for?

The matting will be going straght down onto compressed mud. A couple of friends of mine have done this and had no problems.

What do people have with regards to rubber matting, and what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

loubylou
18th September 2009, 05:01 PM
where do you get that from hun? And how much per sheet is it?- I am considering all options at the moment

Have managed to find some on ebay that works out 200 for both stables (which is incredibly cheap) and they offer a free sample, so am hoping that is good. Thats 17mm thick, but its lightweight for ease of movement- I actually wonder if a heavier rubber may be better in this circumstance?

Betseyboo
18th September 2009, 05:47 PM
Mine's exactly the same as peerielee and has been perfect xx

loubylou
18th September 2009, 05:53 PM
Ahhh I didnt say in my original post- we have built 2 12x12 stables in the field, temporary structures so we cannot put a floor down in them unfortunately, and due to it being rented land cant even apply fo rplanning permission to make them permenent- this is the next best thing. therefore I will be bedding down on them, this will in effect be the stable floor, grass mats are not any good for that! :)

loubylou
18th September 2009, 06:11 PM
Fingers crossed (and I dont want to tempt fate by saying this...) but the other people at the farm that have done the same have been ok, and the ground is very well draining- we tend to be ok

Gulps- now its going to sink isnt it!