PDA

View Full Version : Too good to be true?

IrishGreenSheep
15th March 2010, 03:19 PM
Seen a horse on Done Deal for 16h Bay tb gelding, 9yrs old. Suitable for an experienced rider. Has a good jump and a quiet temperment. Easy to box, shoe and handle. Has all papers and passport with him. Tack included - E400

What do you guys think? I'm think there is something they are not saying!

bimba
15th March 2010, 03:41 PM
I think the 'needs an experienced rider' with no explanations is probably code for 'bit of a nutter'! Would also want a very thorough vetting as I'd be pretty sure something wasn't 100%. Could be wrong and if it said something like 'must sell' or 'home more important than price' I'd be less inclined to think there was something wrong.

My Crazy Clan
15th March 2010, 04:07 PM
I've seen this site before, lots of youngsters being ridden far to early.

Strange hes that cheap, are euros more then pounds?

IrishGreenSheep
15th March 2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah the euro would be a bit more than the pound, the price would work out at about 360.

Unfortunately there are a lot of ads for babies being ridden too young but usually in amongst all that there are quite a few excellent horses. This one just really caught my eye because of the price!

Christine
15th March 2010, 04:50 PM
Looks ill bless the poor soul, maybe bad conformation too, pays to have a 2nd stage vetting maybe x

Loony
15th March 2010, 05:20 PM
Just screams out dodgy to me. He doesn't look very at ease with whatever the person is doing or about to do in that picture.

a11gac
15th March 2010, 05:45 PM
Being a 9 yr old - why have they not explained what the horse has been doing - flat work, jumping, hacking alone etc. Looks like he needs some condition on him but why sell for so cheap - surely the tack alone is worth that.
If checked by a good vet could be a bargain - just cos it says experienced rider needed doesn't mean he is a nutter. Some horses just react to new riders.
Be interested if you do go look at him to what happens.

CityLights
15th March 2010, 06:01 PM
well it looks underweight and like it has a bowed tendon so possibly not sound or is just very badly over at the knee

IrishGreenSheep
15th March 2010, 06:02 PM
Would love to go look at him but unfortunately I'm not in a position to buy any horse at the minute! Just wishful thinking really :p

Anni~Bell
15th March 2010, 06:11 PM
He could also have been raced as well and it could be possible hes just come off the track

spirit
15th March 2010, 06:11 PM
hmmm. probably lives out, doesnt get fed enough, and hasnt really been schooled. has a good jump....with someone on it!?

Kelza
15th March 2010, 06:33 PM
That leg looks broken!!!

My Crazy Clan
15th March 2010, 10:14 PM
He's been sold!

I don't think hes in bad condition!

Front leg looks a little weird but you can't tell much from a photo.

BC - How can you see, he doesn't often get groomed???

helena
16th March 2010, 09:05 PM
Probably an ex-racer, if so that price is reasonable.