PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Horse riding school - South East UK

caromi
17th March 2010, 10:52 AM
Hello,

I'm an adult French girl and i live in France. I would like to ride in a horse riding school in the south est of UK all days during 1 week with accomodation. I don't know if it's like in France during holidays. Can you give me adresses and prices please?

Please can you help me? :(

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

Lucy B
17th March 2010, 11:03 AM
i'm not from the south east but i would try looking on google to see what comes up. THere is bound to be loads of places that offer holiday type packages. Good luck x

caromi
17th March 2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks a lot Lucy :)

daytona
17th March 2010, 01:24 PM
Maybe try the BHS (british horse society) website. They will list all recommended schools, It would probably be best to go for one which is BHS registered.
Happy hunting I hope you find something.x

sparkey
17th March 2010, 01:27 PM
Sorry, can't help you at all there.

caromi
17th March 2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks a lot Daytona. i'm gonna see immediatly :)

Barry G
17th March 2010, 02:22 PM
A question comes to mind - "how long is a piece of string?"

"Horse riding school" - what are you hoping to do/to acheive on your holiday?

What are your interests and what is your level of riding skills?

SE England? - do you need to be able to reach the riding centre by public transport?

Do you have a budget?

caromi
17th March 2010, 02:40 PM
Barry:
I just want to ride by pleasure during 1 week. I've got "Galop 7" it's a good level in France. I was a horse coach there is 8 years old and i've got a horse but i lost a little :(
i will come by car. I'm still drive in UK so no problem for me. i don't want to do cross.
My budget? hmmm.....In France it's average 500€ (448). I can stay to a hotel but i think with food, the price will be more important than to stay in a club.

Barry G
17th March 2010, 08:27 PM
Look up on internet TRANS WALES TRAILS - they are not in SE England but central Wales near Crickhowell. A much better area for riding than SE England.
Travel further by car, to enjoy the countryside on horse back.

The riding in Britain cannot be bettered, the horses are fit, fast and sure footed , the scenery exquisite. You stay in the farmhouse - home cooking made by a German -
Price? - well ask them. Email Paul Turner and say 'Barry' told you to call.
Go and discover The Black Mountains

PS Don't forget that you wrote that you could gallop.

caromi
18th March 2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks a lot Barry

Rhi bee
18th March 2010, 09:46 AM
Hi Carmoi

Barry is right, its a beautiful part of the world the black mountains. I am planning a trekking holiday with my own horse moving from farm house to farm house over about 3 days(when he is fitter lol)

i notice your from monmouthshire Barry. I am from Pontypool in Torfaen. where are you from?

Rhi bee

Barry G
18th March 2010, 01:18 PM
Rhi bee - not far away.

Trans Wales do a trek from Crickhowell to Ynylas on the Irish Sea. 4/5 days - the ride of a lifetime if the rain holds off.

Your trek : I would suggest - if you have not already planned it, a ride around the Black Mountains - say Torfaen to Talgarth , round to Llanthony , then back to Torfaen via Crickhowell.
But you'd be wise to take companion & a mobile phone - if it works.
It needs careful planning - the route is hard on the horses unless they are used to it.
You might also give thought to back up - there are lots of bogs up there on those hills.
Magnificent stuff and amazingly unknown away from South Wales.

If I still had Joe, I'd show you the way.

caromi
30th March 2010, 10:47 AM
Hello!

Someone knows the Checkendon Equestrian Centre to Checkendon please?

I sent an email but nobody answered me :(