PDA

View Full Version : Whats the worse thing your horse has done??

Smurf
18th March 2010, 04:04 PM
Vinnie likes to JUMP OUT OF FIELDS!!! :eek: We have electric fencing around his fields. He jumped out of his field twice when he first came (2 yrs ago) . We put up electric fencing and he hasn't done it since, until now! I didnt see what had happened there are lots of skid marks and a take off point and a landing point with a gap of about 2.5 m between take off and landing! I was impressed he managed to jump such a distance, he broke the electric fence so he has just cleared it though. ****** horse,:o After telling him the other night "what a good boy you are, you have a home for life here" and this is how he repays me! Horses! And they say Friesians cant jump:p

smellycat
18th March 2010, 04:11 PM
he bit someones finger and wouldnt let go, then she passed out and wouldnt come round so we had to get an ambulance, that was pretty bad!

But hes been a lot better recently... lol

Poppy and Harmony
18th March 2010, 04:14 PM
Harmonys actually never done anything awful :lol:
She's escaped a few times, but only once destroying a fence which got tangled up in her tail so half of it had to be chopped off, and she likes to buck my little sister off :lol:

eeek
18th March 2010, 04:41 PM
Vinny has reared once in the 7 years I've owned him. My old boss wound him up like crazy by turning out a loose horse with us when we went riding on the hill, then following this up by yelling at all of us for about 5 minutes and waving a huge stick.

Vinny boiled over and reared. I gave him a good whack and he has never done it since (this was at least 4 years ago).

Loony
18th March 2010, 04:45 PM
Oooh interesting thread!!

bimba
18th March 2010, 04:48 PM
Mac has been known to rear when he gets over excited, it's not that much fun to try and sit to but luckily it's only happened about 4/5 times since I've had him and all but one of those times were in the first 6 months or so and I've only come off once.

TJ has jumped a hedge out of the field, for a 12.2hh this is a pretty big achievement but not something I want him to make a habit of.

Kelza
18th March 2010, 05:05 PM
I'm not sure maybe you lot should choose what's the worst thing Sultan has done!!
Sultan has broke his owners finger
He run her over in the field because a helicopter 'spooked' him
Bolted with a young girl then slammed on the brakes so she went flying over his head
Dumped me in a gorse bush
Shied at nothing while I was taking his saddle off, as I was holding the girth it slid underneath him and he jumped on and kicked it all over the place
Has broken numerous bits of tack trying to run away from the monsters
And he used to love blowing his nose in my friends dads face!

daytona
18th March 2010, 05:35 PM
Becky broke 3 of my toes when she stood on me - in fact the little one on my left foot never quite regained its shape. I kinda have a freaky, bent, pancaked toe. :p

Zeitgeist Mom
18th March 2010, 06:01 PM
Kita used to get a fright and just run through fences in a blind panic. Thankfully she seems to have gotten over that! Twice I have found her in the adjacent paddock with the leccy fence still intact. Not quite sure how she managed it. Maybe she is a jumping friesian too?? (I should be so lucky! :rolleyes:)

CityLights
18th March 2010, 06:27 PM
Ollie is a pain in the ass when he is out in the field he has to be near kizzie, once i put him out in the bottom field and kizzie in the arena whihc is right next to it, but there is about seven foot fenced off at the very bottom of the field where the muck heap is, even that was too far away from her so he dragged all my fence posts out ran all over my muck heap and wouldnt let me catch him

he also once broke onto the field after i got him clean for a show and rolled when i went in to get dressed ready to go, he also has once bronced whilst is was in light seat which caused me to spur him when he unbalanced me and buck even bigger

Kizzie has always been quite good although she jumped out once and really cut her self quite badly and destroyed her rug, which she is quite good at

King, just got his teeth through so is deciding to test them on everything, including me!

Mine are gernally very good

doodledoo
18th March 2010, 06:33 PM
Beanie rolled in his tack once and damaged the tree of his saddle, little devil! i only went outside the stable for about 10 seconds to get my hat and he went straight down!

Burnie
18th March 2010, 06:45 PM
Tiily has gone from gallop to halt in one bounce a couple of times and almost launched me into orbit :lol:

Also when she'd been on box rest for 9 weeks she bit my arm really really badly, it was black and blue and the lump was like a big Arnold Schwarzenegger bicep! :lol:

coloredred
18th March 2010, 07:19 PM
Magic used to rear when stroppy/stressed out.
He bolted with me up a field and out on to a main road once, took me turning him into a 9ft hedge 3 times to stop him.
He's stood on my feet many times.
He has a humongous buck and rodeo'd with me at our last hunter trial leaving me on the floor on my arse!

Worst of all has to be breaking my wrist though by backing into me in the stable causing my elbow to get wedged against the wall and my hand against his bum.

Lobelia Overhill
18th March 2010, 07:38 PM
Not long after I got him Don decided he didn't want to stand still when I was getting on, I have to stand on a block to get up on him, and one day I was getting on, when he started to try to walk away, I picked up the reins, so he sidestepped - straight into the block. He went berserk and bronced his way around the arena, and slam dunked me off the wall near the door ...

:miffed:

chescar
18th March 2010, 07:42 PM
Troy bit my finger quite badly last year - it is still really sensitive on the scar

Tanner
18th March 2010, 08:21 PM
Well, Markus has a bit of a bolting problem, but it was getting better and better.

The worst thing Trinity has done was jump out of the field about 40 minutes after buying her and running down the highway (80 km/h, lots of lorries and cars). Some nice man caught her and held her, she made it 1.5 km away!

BeckyPhillips
18th March 2010, 09:40 PM
not really the worse or whatever
the stupidist though :L

Bonky went to instructors yard overnight before a show.
Bonky got bored in stable
Bonky wanted a pool party
so Bonky decided to sit on his electric drinker and pull it off the wall on a slant, so that the drinker wsa just below fill level and carried on filling up
turn up to the yard next morning
'' did it rain last night '' ( as the middle of the yard has a puddle )
all horses looking over stable doors but no bonkers ?
look in his stabl, he's stood with a flooded stable in the back corner lookign sorry for himself hahaaa

Lesley_78
18th March 2010, 09:50 PM
Luna can be a bit bargy but we are getting her out of that she is getting better.
Lou was awful when we first bought her infact she was a nightmare:devil: she would attack anyone who came in her stable, try and throw my daughter off by any means possible, rearing bucking and bronking. I've never agreed with hitting horses but Lou and I have had many a scrap and it got quite nasty at times she learnt how to bully people and I bullied her back but now she is good as gold hardly ever puts a foot wrong and even gives kisses and I have a little girl riding her.

Lexie doesn't have any vices at all she hasn't got much of a brain yet she isnt one bit nasty just very scatter brained.

Susan
18th March 2010, 10:06 PM
Last Saturday I had Mags at our tie up area which is in front of the muck heap. My gloves were sitting on the post and he promptly picked them up and dropped them over the partition into the muck, lol!

I know, I am very lucky that this is the worst thing he has done, lol! He did once bolt with me on the road and he can be stubborn, but that's about it! He'll stick in a fly buck in canter if he had happy feet! He's a saint really!

gem
18th March 2010, 11:58 PM
My god I really do own the best pony in the world. The worst thing she has ever ever done has been get scared of her new pessoa and trotted around the yard then back to her stable. I was fuming but now I realise that's the worst thing she's ever done she's a bit of a saint :)

fairyfeet
19th March 2010, 07:24 AM
Max was a complete nightmare when I got him and we had many battles! I think the worst time is a choice between rearing vertical and spinning or backing at 90mph into a huge water-filled dyke. He's bolted with me several times too, but I hink he's now finally grown up at the age of 12 and is a little angel.
Freya is a nightmare with fences! She'll wreck anything and its almost impossible to contain her!
Under,over or through, she''s really not fussy!

Smurf
19th March 2010, 07:43 AM
This thread is great! Its nice to know other folk have mischevious horseys too! When Vinnie did this the other night it was one of those " right, iv'e had enough! He is going on the boat!" moments. Im glad to say that moment has passed ;)

My Crazy Clan
19th March 2010, 11:44 AM
Erm ok.

Sisco -
1) He bolted inhand when walking him from the stables to the field, in the process of breaking 2 of my fingers.
2) He ran through 3 sold feces, while supposed to be I'll, while I was walking Jester up to greet him.
3) He walked under the fence to get out on to the green.

Monty -
1)When i first got him, he would ran at you and rear, he used to squash you against the fence if you went near him whilst eating - feed time was a nightmare.

Wizz - He bucked me off, almost hitting a tree stump.

Magic - Someones stupid idea of moving horses in the dark, got so far and turned around, magic reared up and came down on my mum, lucky he was only a baby :lol:

Merlin - Hes kicked me against the wall when he was a foal, as he was to impatience waiting for his feed..

Jester - When he was 4 1/2 he kicked me when i walked past, he processed to do it another 2 times, hes never done it since.

Magic and Sisco escaped from the stable, ran all the way up the road, proceeded to stop and snot, there is me running after them i got them easy enough though but before i did little Marley followed them, graded him he bucked and chucked him back in lol

Monty and Wizz escaped from their field, they when for a few miles! I was at school came home to a phone call, had to run around trying to find them, I was petrified I didn't know were they had gone, lucky i took a decal and found them in a off road field, they had escaped 6am that morning and some workers rounded them up.

If I think of anymore i'll let you know :lol:

XenaWarriorPrincess
19th March 2010, 11:58 AM
Both of my girls have tried to break my feet :lol: Was put in a cast for a week last easter after xen leapt onto it, then about 6 months later xanth stomped on the other one and had to go for more x-rays!

I have numerous broken toes from the riding school horses, i even have a faint horse shoe shape on my one foot from one cob stomping on me!

Mudie broke bones in both my wrists by bucking me off!! She used to do handstands as and when she felt like it!!

Goldie threw me off into the arena fence once.

Xen and Xanth escaped onto the quarry, i got a phonecall in school and rushed up to go and catch them, not so bad untill i realise my landlord and all the quarry workers were trying to catch them too and that it happened to be a fancy dress day at 6th form and i went as a cowgirl :pmsl:

However i think the worst was when Xen and Xanth tried to kill Anni...i have never been so scared in my life, it was horrendous to watch and i was powerless to stop them, poor baby.

amandaxx1
19th March 2010, 05:26 PM
Jumping in with the the mares aaallllll summer long and trying to terrorise them but they are bigger and meaner then him so basically getting battered by them lol

WeeB
19th March 2010, 09:54 PM
ok, clearly my pony is an angel sent from above!

He's never done anything like what people are mentioning.

The worst thing he ever did was barge out of his stable when I'd had him about a month and ripped open two of my fingers on the stable gate bolt.

But he now knows his mummy loves him lots and lots and he would never do anything to hurt her!!

(there is a pony on the yard who escaped from the field several tiems in one week, broke into the feed room and ate everyones feed, costing his owner about 200 in one week to replace all the feed!!! :shocked:)

north-mcqueen
20th March 2010, 12:03 PM
Well Northy made me get some polo mints sent all the way from England then decided he didn't like them? Does that count :p
Saint Northy <3

Welly
20th March 2010, 08:29 PM
My old boy was an actual saint - he never did anything naughty!! Seriously, the worst thing he ever did was play hard to get in the field sometimes! He was the perfect pony in every way!! xx

flambards
21st March 2010, 01:36 AM
Flambards - one night, during a bushfire that got out of hand, the yard owner had to lead all the horses down the lane to somewhere safer. Flambards panicked and trampled her, this set off all the other horses and almost all of them got loose and bolted down the lane. Fortunately rounded up and helped by neighbors.

Domino was actually at his worst when we first tried him! First he had a strop about leaving his friends and tore off from his owner. She then put him in a stall to try to saddle him - he broke down the stall door and bolted for his pals again. She caught him again to try to lunge him, and he took off for the third time (my mom had hidden in the car after the first bolt and was convinced he was a devil-horse :lol:). Finally my sister and I grabbed him and handwalked him until he relaxed, after which he was quite content to be saddled and rode relatively well for being out of work for 2 years.

Pie_x
21st March 2010, 11:11 AM
Annie hasn't done anything major which makes me feel better, reading some of your posts i would of crapped myself!! You BRAVE people! Lol.

Annie has accidentally headbutted me against the stable door when i was trying to get her bridle on and she was being a spaz.

Shes completely destroyed her rug so it is un wearable and fixable!

Threatened with her back leg once when i was grooming her because she had quite bad mud fever, so thats not really her fault - Poor girl was just sore!

Shes not nasty to horses but she sure is the boss of the field so when its feed time, she will chase away the other horses, kick at them and bite! Especially Smithy, yet he is the only gelding.

Other than that my pony is pretty much a good girlie! :) xx

injioho
21st March 2010, 11:51 AM
Scoob spent the whole summer charging at me and bucking and rearing in my face every time i went near him in the field.
'Nuff said :rolleyes:

funkyboots
21st March 2010, 01:48 PM
my sister in law old mare twangs the electric fence with her lips to check it as my SIL never has a battery by the unit thing.

ya know when horses nibble each others withers in a field bonding, well if you scratch merry tween her front legs she'll love bite your back,shes started to do it leading too..but shes too hairy to bite back at the mo..lol...

GreyEventer
21st March 2010, 09:31 PM
Barney field hops :p we had a massive field split in 2- polo ponies and buttons and clauds and barney... he would hop over the fencing in between the fields if he wanted hay or to play with one of the others and then hop back- naughty pony :p would do it very reguarly so you would never quite know which field he would be in in the morning! :D