PDA

View Full Version : How much did you pay for vetting and transport?

Loony
21st March 2010, 05:53 PM
I know it's not going to be the same as what I pay but if I can get a ball park figure then it'll help :)

How much did you pay for a 5 stage vetting, and transport, and approximately how far away (in hours and minutes if you can) did your horse have to travel to get to you?

Thanks!

CityLights
25th March 2010, 07:38 PM
Im not helpful for either of those on costs but Manchester Horse Transporters are very good, they used to bring quite a few horses including mares and foals to and from my old work for us and they were always very professional, on time and good with the horses

Frankie
25th March 2010, 07:49 PM
I think I payed around 260 to get Milly vetted last year and payed 200 to transport her from Yorkshire to North wales.

rowy
25th March 2010, 08:03 PM
To get Rowan 2* vetting it cost 150 but we did have to pay travel for our vet to go there. 5* vetting cost us about 200-300 I think.

eeek
26th March 2010, 09:25 AM
I was quoted 240 for a 5* vetting - in the end the vet only did 2 stage (105) cos Hasty had thrush and couldn't be trotted up etc. I was happy enough cos I really only wanted the vet to see him to make sure I hadn't made a terrible mistake judging his conformation.

I spent about 90 driving up to see him in the car, and about 170 taking the lorry to York and back - which was a lot cheaper than we thought it would be! On top of this I had to keep my feral friend supplied with sandwiches and food during the drive.

vels mum
26th March 2010, 03:09 PM
I think we paid 200 for transport from Perth to Aberdeen for 2 horses. 5* vetting is probably in excess of 200, shop around some practices are cheaper than others.

I didnt get Vel vetted but got his sister vetted which came to just over 80 for a basic vetting (youngster) then as PL says we were 200 from perth to aberdeen then 50 each for the boat.