PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Crabbety?

kitkatz4life
27th March 2010, 07:29 PM
I just wanted to know if anyone else on here shares the pleasure of owning a Crabbet Arabian? Rene's my first horse and he's an absolutely wonderful to own. He's 76% Crabbet. Tell me anything about yours if you have one.

Bay Chaos
27th March 2010, 10:16 PM
Me Me!

This is Dina. 50% crabbet, 50% russian.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g312/bridie2006/Mygeegees169.jpg

backtobasics
28th March 2010, 12:41 AM
hi yep me,,apparently Nakyta is 98% crabbet,,,,

Osci
30th March 2010, 02:20 PM
I have an arab called Oscar but no idea if he is crabbet, russian or anything else as his breeding is unknown.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l93/osci/OscarPortrait.jpg

GR & Me
30th March 2010, 02:22 PM
Hmm ... now I'm not sure what my Arab is. How do I find out??

kitkatz4life
30th March 2010, 06:30 PM
Is she part of the Arab Society? If so you might be able to find out through them. Does she have a passport? It might say on that (although very unlikely, it doesn't on Rene's). The thing I found most useful was going on allbreedpedigree.com. Type in her full show/pedigree name into allbreedpedigree.com and look for her if she's on. If you want, I can help you to look, but I'll need her full name and possibly her parents names (I enjoy finding out horse's bloodlines :D).

GR & Me
30th March 2010, 06:48 PM
Thank! But when I put it in there is says that she is a quarter horse!! Oh and yeah she is registered with the Arab Society.

kitkatz4life
30th March 2010, 07:32 PM
If you go on their website, and when you're on The Society section click on Staff Contacts and there might be someone on their who can help you. They may be able to give you the details of someone who might know if they don't.
Also, if you know your mare's parents names, then if you try putting their names (or her grandparents names; it should say on the passport) into allbreedpedigree.com and see if you can work anything out from there.
You could also ask The Crabbet Organization (UK) for a Heritage Certificate but that costs 20 and I think there is about a 3 month waiting list plus it will only tell you her percentage of Crabbet.
I found out Rene's Crabbet percentage from allbreedpedigree.com, but I got stuck at one point so I had to do some phoning around to ask for it.
Oh and also (sorry, this is a bit long) you could become a member on arabianlines.com which is very useful and if you go on the forum bit you can search for your mare's name (or her parent's) or you can ask in a thread.

GR & Me
30th March 2010, 09:22 PM
Okay still struggling. I can get her parents up but still dont know what she is, how do I find that out??

kitkatz4life
30th March 2010, 09:31 PM
On some profiles, there is a little 'i' in a circle. In some of them it says the Crabbet percentage. It depends on who her ancestors are, because if she has little Crabbet in her, so will her ancestors. Would you like me to have a look for you? Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining things.

GR & Me
30th March 2010, 09:34 PM
Nope there is no little "i", i'm confused.

Okay, what do you need to do??

kitkatz4life
30th March 2010, 09:39 PM
If you look at Rene's http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/renegade10 by his name above the pedigree there is a little 'i' in a circle. But if you click on his mother's or father's pedigree and look at their name at the top of the pedigree there is no little 'i' in a circle. Not all horses have an 'i'. I'll carry this on tomorrow. I'm so sorry if I'm confusing you.

GR & Me
30th March 2010, 09:43 PM
Ahhh, I see what you mean!!

Okay, what info do I need to give you??

Bay Chaos
30th March 2010, 10:50 PM
What are her parents names?

kitkatz4life
31st March 2010, 05:13 PM
Yes, her parents names. I'll try and work out her Crabbet %. I can try to help to teach you to find it out if you want?

GR & Me
31st March 2010, 06:26 PM
I really dont know what kind of Arab she is. Her parents are:-

Sire:- Mehdar
Dam:- Apollo's Magic Fly

Well yeah how do you find out?

kitkatz4life
31st March 2010, 07:21 PM
It took a little while to find out, but I've worked out Mehdar to be about 46.630859375% Crabbet and I've worked out Apollo's Magic Fly to be about 87.3173828125% Crabbet so your horse should be about 66.97412109375% Crabbet. She also, by the looks of it, has a lot of Polish blood in her. I've only worked this out from the information I have from allbreedpedigree.com, so if you have it worked out professionally and it doesn't add up to this, then I'm sorry, but this should be a rough guide. I hope I've been of some help.

GR & Me
31st March 2010, 09:05 PM
Wow, thanks very much for that! Thanks for taking the time to do it!