PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Starsky
27th March 2010, 10:04 PM
Hi, i was jsut wondering who uses who for insurance? We had Star with NFU and they were fab at paying out but just thought id do a little more research.
Who would you use and who wouldn't you use, who's expensive and who isn't? also i know theres some that vets wont use like e&l i think??
thanks in advance xx

Emm
27th March 2010, 10:12 PM
Ive always been with SEIB (south essex insurance brokers) always have been and always will be! Have always found them very reasonable and fair xx

K8E
27th March 2010, 10:15 PM
I use Petplan, they are expensive but they have been fantastic to use. I havent claimed on the horses but we have on the dog and they paid out straight away

XenaWarriorPrincess
27th March 2010, 10:17 PM
NFU are the best IMO :)
xx

Burnie
27th March 2010, 10:21 PM
Petplan have been fantastic through the whole thing with Tilly's keratoma.

My vets couldn't believe that they paid the whole cost towards her MRI scan (which was about 1,200 alone.) They said most insurance companies will only pay 50% if anything at all.

chescar
27th March 2010, 10:22 PM
NFU for me

Pie_x
27th March 2010, 10:42 PM
Pet Plan I pay 24 a month x

CityLights
28th March 2010, 10:59 AM
I dont tend to insure mine but Ollie is insured with Carriagehouse Equine Insurance and they paid out very quickly on some physio bills and were good to deal with, and i think my premium is pretty resonable, he is insured for 5000 and my premium is 42.50, he isnt insured if he goes huinting or anything high risk though

beenie
28th March 2010, 09:15 PM
DONT USE E AND L!! also my friend is still waiting to be paid out 3 years on after her horse had major hoof problems, with Petplan, i know others who have had bad experiences with petplan too, the best at paying out is NFU, everyone who i know who uses them say they are fantastic