PDA

View Full Version : What coat shine spray do you use?

gem
27th March 2010, 10:14 PM
Question's in the title really :) I always used to use Canter Coat Shine but would like to know what is the most recommended. If you know one that works particularly well on greys for whatever reason that'd be great too.

Poppy and Harmony
27th March 2010, 10:21 PM
I use Canter Coat Shine too, but it's not hard to get a shine on Harmony :lol:

gem
27th March 2010, 10:25 PM
:lol: Ok so what do people without flourescent ponies use?

BEX101
27th March 2010, 10:26 PM
On the dark horses we've used methelated spirits in the past (the purple stuff) Either put it in the last bucket of rinsing water when you bath them or a couple of glugs in hot water and use a towel to dunk in it and polish them. I know it sounds strange but it makes black horses super shiney!

bimba
27th March 2010, 11:41 PM
I use the canter coat shine too but also really like the NAF Shine and Show, it's really light so doesn't make them look greasy at all which I've found can happen with some of these products.

BEX101
28th March 2010, 08:01 AM
An arab yard i worked on used to swear by "Gliss" its a human hair spray (for making it shiney) Used to go through tons of the stuff at shows, you have to polish the horse afterwards. At one show while waiting outside the ring it surprised everyone and the heavens opened for about 2 minuets. Entering the ring every horse looked like a drowned rat except ours! The Gliss seemed to have waterproofed his coat and the water just ran off it like you see with water and ducks.

CityLights
28th March 2010, 09:49 AM
I dont tend to need to use any, super shiney coats already, i do have some absorbine coat shine in the tack room though and that is good cause it doesnt make your tack or reins slippy

Frankie
28th March 2010, 12:56 PM
Cow boy magic

Susan
28th March 2010, 01:17 PM
Def more difficult with the greys! I'll have a look in Maguire's owners tack room today as she has loads of stuff like that - Mojo is a coloured with mainly white legs so share the pain, lol!

eeek
28th March 2010, 02:23 PM
I don't use anything because Vinny has a phobia of sprays...

My Crazy Clan
28th March 2010, 04:30 PM
I used to use canter CS but to be honest I don't think many of these things work, a good bath and a good brush does the trick.

IcarusGirl
29th March 2010, 03:12 PM
Absorbine show sheen is the way to go. It lasts days and it's not greasy. Just dont put it on your saddle area!

amandaxx1
6th April 2010, 05:29 PM
I use the canter one but only use it when im showing, and have a black horse anyway so its debatable if it really works!

Twizzel
6th April 2010, 08:02 PM
Carr & Day & Martin Dreamcoat is amazing stuff, have had fantastic results from it :)

Catg
6th April 2010, 08:32 PM
I use absorbine show sheen, I stopped using it when I stopped showing and just got the nice smelling stuff from robinsons, this has now run out so I thought I'd just finish my absorbine stuff, it's so much better than the robinsons stuff, I'd forgotten how good it is. Ramble, ramble ramble lol