Equine World UK
Countrybase Store
Pet Web Site

Go Back   Equine World UK > Horse Riding And Equestrian Disciplines > Show Jumping

Notices

Old 2nd April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

Ambers Mum can tell one end of a horse from the other
Default Show jumping jackets

ok I prob know this answer but I promised Hannah I would ask.

Basically Hannah wants a new show jacket this year and tried Lizzie's new Showing tweed on and has fallen in love with it. She loves the feel and look of it but she will be SJ next season on my sisters mare, Seren, and only showing Star inhand so really she doesn't need a tweed but if I can get away with it I would like to get her something she likes.

We only plan to do local sj with Seren as she will only be in her first season and Seren is going to be on trial once her reschooling/training has finished with Michael Peace this summer.

So can we get away with it ?
Old 2nd April 2012
Schoolmaster

BEX101 knows a thing or two about horsesBEX101 knows a thing or two about horsesBEX101 knows a thing or two about horsesBEX101 knows a thing or two about horsesBEX101 knows a thing or two about horsesBEX101 knows a thing or two about horses

Its not like you lose points for the colour of your jacket, so i cant see it making a whole lot of difference.
With a tweed she could also do workers etc so would be more versatile.

Old 2nd April 2012
Schoolmaster

BEX101 knows a thing or two about horsesBEX101 knows a thing or two about horsesBEX101 knows a thing or two about horsesBEX101 knows a thing or two about horsesBEX101 knows a thing or two about horsesBEX101 knows a thing or two about horses

Just had a qiuick google - yes you can wear any colour as long as the jacket fits etc (tho black is the norm) BUT i also found that many moons ago TWEED was actually the prefered jacket for novices, it wasnt until you reached a certain level that you wore black.

Old 3rd April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

casper_cb knows a thing or two about horsescasper_cb knows a thing or two about horses
Send a message via MSN to casper_cb

We went to collect a trailer the other day and the centre was running BSJA. My eyes are assaulted by the colour of the jackets people were wearing. Bright red, blues, purples, for SJ, anything goes, a lot of people also had the diamante bling glued onto their hats. There were also people there in tweed and black jackets, I personally think they looked the smartest.

For Pony Club, Riding Club, black, navy or tweed would be needed, but otherwise anything seems to go!

Old 3rd April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

Ambers Mum can tell one end of a horse from the other

great thanks we may have found her an equally nice black show jacket which has caught her eye so now we have a choice lol

Old 18th April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

stepbystep knows what a horse looks like

When i was at cricklands i saw the same, so many diffferent colours and nearly all had diamantes on! I'dlove a bright blue or a grey one