Equine World UK
Countrybase Store
Pet Web Site

Go Back   Equine World UK > Miscellaneous > General Equestrian Chat

Notices

Old 15th April 2012
Lightly Schooled Youngster

K8E is an unknown quantity at this point

Copper is a speedy boy! He gives my sister some great fun popping jumps and going for a good gallop. She is an experienced rider and prefers a lot of speed and I used to expect her to come of Copper with a slight smile but she is always grinning saying a I loves cobs they aren't are slow as some might expect, but on the other hand Copper can be slow if needs be like when I'm on him. I love how he knows what type of rider is on him and what he can and can't do. Would love to measure how fast he can actually go.
They are defiantly not all plods!

Old 15th April 2012
Veteran Schoolmaster

My Crazy Clan knows a thing or two about horsesMy Crazy Clan knows a thing or two about horsesMy Crazy Clan knows a thing or two about horsesMy Crazy Clan knows a thing or two about horses

woo look at him!

i think magic would be pretty fast given the chance.

Old 15th April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

beks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horses

Taran can go rediculously fast when following Polly the TB on the beach...!! Jakes is fast on fun rides but tends to have short bursts! Jakes does jog though when being ridden with long striding horses! He's such a dude! x

Owner of three Welsh Cobs - Taran, Jakes and Flash. We live on our small farm up a mountain in the wilds of Snowdonia

Old 15th April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

Ambers Mum can tell one end of a horse from the other

Amber has out run Tia my sister warmblood easily in the past and they have a 15 year age gap. She also left Seren, a 5 year old tb, standing a few times when we have taken them up the gallops. She is amazing for a decrepid section D....at 24 years old I find her amazing!

Old 15th April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

Grey Haven can tell one end of a horse from the otherGrey Haven can tell one end of a horse from the other

Don't underestimate the coblets! There's a LOT of power in those big bums and when they finally realise that using the engine in the back is easier than dragging themselves along on the forehand they can shift!!!

My friends little Welshy Cob x used to regularly outstrip my other friend's TB ex racer! He took about 2.5 strides to each of the TB's mind you so his little hairy legs used to be a blur!

Old 15th April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

sazzy925 can tell one end of a horse from the other

I always think with cobs people completely underestimate them!

Because they're naturally quite laid back and chilled about life, people get the opinion that they are incapable of moving any faster. But I've yet to meet a cob yet who is incapable of getting some speed on them when they put their mind on it!
Shauny my old loan pony used to enjoy doddering around the countryside and would prefer slow to go, but if he put his mind to it he would give my friend's 15.3hh horse a run for his money!