Equine World UK
Countrybase Store
Pet Web Site
Old 15th April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

clippi can tell one end of a horse from the otherclippi can tell one end of a horse from the other
Default How much for Noodle

I sometimes wonder if I should swap Noodle for an older been there done that little pony rather than waiting to back him and bring him on for mini clip.

Chestnut, registered welsh section a colt, 2 years old.
Lightly shown but placed each time
Will lead off another horse, has walked out and seen farm animals and machinery and was fine with all.
Good to catch, stable, lead rug and do feet. Has worn a bridle with no problems, understands voice commands -walk, trot, canter, stand, back
Good with children

So what do you think, I have an idea what I would advertise him for. I jsut wonder if it's right
Old 17th April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

clippi can tell one end of a horse from the otherclippi can tell one end of a horse from the other

No ideas? Anyone?

Old 17th April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

loubylou can tell one end of a horse from the other

He would be worth more next year as is at an age where he is potentially ready to back, hes a bit of an inbetween age now, not young enough to be a 'cute foal' but not old enough to be able to do serious work with.

In this market at this time I wouldn't think he would be worth much as he also needs gelding- maybe 100-200 as you can get little welsh colts (albeit not as nice natured) for a pittance or even free.

Sorry, hope that doesn't offend!

Old 17th April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

No that doesn't offend. I only paid pennies for him It's finding a price that would find the right type of buyer if I was to go ahead and sell
He will probably get a reprieve as we are moving to our own pace and he he keeps Clip company

Old 17th April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

XenaWarriorPrincess can tell one end of a horse from the otherXenaWarriorPrincess can tell one end of a horse from the other

There is someone on one of the welshy fb groups selling a dukeshill colt, quite flashy looking chestnut with blaze and 4 whites for 250.
Although tbf if his breeding isnt something exceptional it would put more people off if he was still a colt.

With regards to having a young pony for mini clip, if he has the right temperament around kids I personally would keep him and geld him, I would much rather have a pony I have brought up and done than an unknown although a bit different if you were to go out and buy an old pony but again they bring their own problems.
Sorry im rambling

<3 Gypsy gold doesn't chink or glitter, it shines in the sun and neighs in the dark <3

Old 18th April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

I don't know anything about good blood lines in welshies. His sire is Waitwith Chico and Dam is Finglebridge flo jo. If that means anything to anyone.
The intention is to geld when he finally drops.
This was my original thought that as I've had him from 8 months that I would know him inside out, but then I was thinking mini clip is already sitting on ponies and enjoying it but he can't be ridden for another year.