Equine World UK
Countrybase Store
Pet Web Site

Go Back   Equine World UK > Horse Pictures And Videos > Horse Pictures

Notices

Old 17th April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

Guesstimation can tell one end of a horse from the otherGuesstimation can tell one end of a horse from the other

ahhhh I love donkey babies! Can't wait to see it your camera better work!

The "horse" that I keep thinking about that I want at the moment is a mule, he's adorable and quite big!

Old 17th April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

fougere can tell one end of a horse from the other

So pretty. She's quite different without the mealy nose and eye rings. I can't wait to see your baby photos.

Have you seen pictures of a poitou donkey foal? They look like teddy bears.

I found a pic of one I saw at a donkey fete in France. His mum is about 14.2hh

Old 17th April 2012
Unbacked Youngster

Equinox knows what a horse looks like

guesstimation I have always had a penchant for mules too! almost bought one this time last year for driving but opted for Steve instead as I know a bit more about donkeys. I unfortunately don't have the experience for them as I've never had any hands on.. and they are a wee bit different than horses to train. Some gorgeous spotted ones

Fougere I've only ever seen a full grown poitou in pictures, but not a baby, they are sooo cute they remind me of the Komondor dogs a bit.

Old 18th April 2012
Unbacked Youngster

Equinox knows what a horse looks like

Update.. and pics..

Okay, so I was able to get close enough to have a bit of a feel about tonight and even had a look under her tail. This is the first time I've been able to get this close and have a good check, I don't feel movement there either or at least nothing that I can say for sure feels like a foal moving about.. but in the second picture you can see her belly sticks out more on one side which would say to me that if there is a foal there, its turning...

I'll be sorely disappointed if it's a false pregnancy or she's lost it earlier. There was a bit of discharge around her vulva (hope I am allowed to use that word!) I won't post a pic of the latter bit! lol but I did do a check and she's pink not red. No bagging up and no elongation happening either.. am starting to get doubtful..

so this is her looking at the side.. does it look like a grass belly or pregnant one?

and this is her from behind, does that look like a foal, maybe turning to the correct position on the left of the photo?

Old 19th April 2012
Well Schooled Horse

fougere can tell one end of a horse from the other

My friend said her donkey's hindquarters went very slack just before her foal was born. There's quite a few questions on donkey pregnancy on TheDonkeyForum if you want to have a look.
It seems to me that they go much longer than horses and will drop the foal at the most unexpected moment.