Equine World UK
Countrybase Store
Pet Web Site

Go Back   Equine World UK > Horse Riding And Equestrian Disciplines > Horse Riding

Notices

Old 24th March 2012
Well Schooled Horse

WeeB can tell one end of a horse from the other
Default My pony is a lunatic!!

Well, that was an eventful hack!!

Vet said yesterday to take B out today for a short half hour ride, to see how he goes. So after a little snooze in the field we headed out.

It all started to go wrong when a couple people from another yard caught up and then over took us. B got a bit joggy but nothing silly. Then turned the corner and he stopped for a poo so I thought all was well. Two steps of walk and buck buck buck!!! Then people on bikes came up behind us - buck and jogging sideways down the track! I halted him at the side of the track, appologiesed to the cyclists and let them past. He jogged all the way to the bridge that we were turned back at and then again most of the way back to the road. He'd settled by the time we got to the road but just before we turned off onto the road the yard is on, three people came riding out of the other yard and headed up the hill, B wanted to follow and as soon as I said no I felt him tense! Signaled our left turn and B exploded round the corner!! was a bit scarey as there was a car coming towards us (later discovered it was my friend sophie who stopped to have a good laugh at us!) and kids in the garden screaching! Had to call to ask them to be quite for a minuite so we could get past!! He proceeded to jog sideways down the road, past Sophie in the car and continued sideways down the road so I stopped him and got off as it was getting a bit beyond a joke!! He settled really quickly when I was leading him.

I got a text later on from sophie to tell me what he had done as I wasnt really aware! Apparently he half reared, did a few bucks, a lot of spooks and akind of piaffe before pasaging down the road! lol! Knew there was a dressage star in him!

Sophie also said she doesnt know why I worry about riding other horses when I can sit that! lol!

Hopefully have a calmer ride out tomorow!
Old 25th March 2012
Schoolmaster

lil_legs knows a thing or two about horseslil_legs knows a thing or two about horseslil_legs knows a thing or two about horseslil_legs knows a thing or two about horses

Oh haha!! He was excited to be out, glad he's feeling better.

Old 26th March 2012
Well Schooled Horse

Hairy Fairy knows a thing or two about horsesHairy Fairy knows a thing or two about horses

Sounds like he was having fun! lol I can relate....Bo was exactly the same yesterday...perhaps the spring sunshine is effecting them all?

Old 26th March 2012
Well Schooled Horse

Guesstimation can tell one end of a horse from the otherGuesstimation can tell one end of a horse from the other

He is obviously feeling well lol!

Old 26th March 2012
Schoolmaster

amandaxx1 knows a thing or two about horsesamandaxx1 knows a thing or two about horses

Oh dear!!! At least he is feeling a bit better haha xx

Old 26th March 2012
Schoolmaster

gem knows a thing or two about horsesgem knows a thing or two about horsesgem knows a thing or two about horsesgem knows a thing or two about horsesgem knows a thing or two about horses

Well that sounds like a pony who is definitely feeling his age

Bless him! Little spring lamb!

Old 27th March 2012
Lightly Schooled Youngster

Meeny Miny Mo knows what a horse looks like

haha bless him, sounds a lot like what Henry did to me on saturday only he tried to deposit me in a ditch!