Now this is all hypothetical but one day I'd like to think I will be in a position to buy Zebedee from his owner.
I'd really like your opinions on what would be a reasonable offer. I'll list all the info about him I can think of, please ask if I have left anything out.
1) 14.2 Gelding
2) 21 years old
3) Mixed breed but can definitely see some arab in him.
4) Good to shoe, catch, clip, bath
5) Will load himself into a box, trailers he is unsure of but we are getting there with practice and patience.
6) He is a forward going and responsive ride, will hack out alone or with company but prefers to be with one or two others. Can get excitable and strong if hacking in a large group but still snaffle mouth unless showing.
7) Has done ridden and inhand showing and was placed everytime.
8) Showed a talent for Dressage and won his second Novice test, again is usually placed.
9) Can jump very well with a confident and experienced rider.
10) He is defnitely not a novice ride and needs a confident rider to take him on the roads as he can be hesitant around puddles, man hole covers, road signs and road markings although he is never silly.
11) He is a perfect gentleman and has excellent stables manners, is turned, brought in and groomed by children
12) No vices
13) Lives out in the summer and comes in at night in winter
14) Teeth, jabs and wormer up to date
15) A couple of bridles and summer sheets included
All in all he is a very sweet pony, fit, healthy and ready to have fun!
Here's some photo's for those who haven't seem him:
Showing last year:
Hmm, difficult because of the age, you don't see a lot of 21-year-olds up for sale. He looks absolutely gorgeous but I would have to say about £1000 because he's getting on a bit. But I am very bad at this!
I'm no good at this either. But I do know the age defo outweighs everything that he excels at. What I mean is that with that write up, at 5 years younger you'd be looking at a good couple of thousand more. I too would go with £1000 ish.