Equine World UK
Countrybase Store
Pet Web Site

Go Back   Equine World UK > Working With Horses > Equestrian Business

Notices

Old 22nd October 2009
Amie

Default Fun Post - Name my Yard!

Morning everyone, ok so im about to set up a website for my yard and I currently have no name for it. The business is called FX Sport Horses but I cant seem to incoorporate that into the name of the yard. So the other aspects of the yard location are

1) Its in a valley, so was thinking Valley Fields or Valley View or Valley Fields Equestrian??
2) Its a bit windy most days lol (great) so was wondering whether to use that although I dont want to put off people coming!

And thats all there is at the moment, there is a huge tree onsite but I dont know what type it is, else I could have used that, Will find out though.

So if any of you have any ideas, even if they arent even related to the above pleeeease tell me!!

x
Old 22nd October 2009
Well Schooled Horse

CDR is an unknown quantity at this point

I like Valley Fields as it mentions where horses graze!

If you were keen to use FX you could just called it FX Equestrian Centre or something. What does FX stand for?

What about the name of the village or the nearest village? Then people will know where it is without having to look it up.
Old 22nd October 2009
Amie

I like valley fields too CDR! FX dosent actually stand for anything but when you put it on the end of a horses competition name it sounds like 'effects'. As I want to breed in the future so Ill use it as an affix. My horse Logans comp name is Moon FX as hes grey. lol
Old 22nd October 2009
Amie

oo I like the sound of FX Equestrian centre too but the place wont be big or posh enough I dont think.
Old 22nd October 2009
Unbacked Youngster

Mobell knows what a horse looks like

Have you an interesting surname some people use that or as said village name or what is the valley called or if you live on a lane. Or if the yard is near your house use your house name.
Old 22nd October 2009
Well Schooled Horse

Tiaki knows a thing or two about horsesTiaki knows a thing or two about horsesTiaki knows a thing or two about horsesTiaki knows a thing or two about horsesTiaki knows a thing or two about horses

If the business is called FX Sporthorses and your prefix is going to be FX, I personally would call the yard FX Equestrian Keep it all linked

xxx
Old 22nd October 2009
Amie

My second name is pretty boring (Gunningham) so dosent sound very good hmmm yes CDR mentioned FX Equestrian which I really like, god im so indecisive. Ive definately decided against Valley View as it sounds too much like Vale View which is not far from me. Its going to be in a place called Barrow Upon Soar so theres not much I can do with that, that I can think of anyway. So far its between FX Equestrian and Valley Fields. Thanks for your halp so far everyone! Ive talked to my Dad whos usually pretty good with things like this but hes clueless bless him!!
Old 22nd October 2009
Well Schooled Horse

loubylou can tell one end of a horse from the other

There is a valley near me that is very 'horsey' and most of the stables along it have incorperated 'Hill' into the name- ie my yard is Whitehill Farm- just another play on the valley theme you might like to consider

If you have 'livery' 'farm' 'barn' or 'stables' it makes it less formal than 'equestrian'

Out of the two you have above i prefer Valley Fields, but its quite a generic name (there are prob yards already called this in England) whereas using FX makes it a little more unique, and a google search for example would always bring up your yard