As a lot of you know... I had no end of trouble with my old farrier! Well thanks to Cancara on here I got in touch with a lovely new farrier who's new to the area and booked an appointment for 9:30 this morning!
He was literally FAULTLESS. I'm soooooooo impressed.
Just for comparison I'm going to list all the things he did and all the things my old farrier would have done:
- I text him last night confirming my appointment. I texted him at 9pm, which I thought was a tad late so I didn't expect a reply. Low and behold I got an INSTANT reply with a smiley face on the end of it! - My old farrier is yet to reply to my text asking where he was on the 30th, and yet to respond to my missed calls and voicemails when he didn't turn up! More importantly, he's not even wondering how Holly's feet are after not being done for 13 weeks!
- He pulled right up outside my barn! - My old farrier would pull up next to the indoor school. Sometimes you'd be wondering where he was and then go to the indoor school to find him doing other peoples shoes because I'd not got to the indoor school first!
- He spent 45 Minutes on Holly's feet and hot shod her. He was so thorough and her feet have never looked better. - Other farrier spent about 15-20 minutes on her feet. One time he didn't even trim the backs. Holly would be cold shod.
- He was brilliant with Holly. Baring in mind Holly's NEVER been hot shod before (as far as I know) and she's nervous as it is. He wouldn't start shoeing until she was calm and he stroked her and told her she was a good girl. - Other farrier would often just tie horses up on a short lead if they were being fidgety. And would just "grab" the legs.
- He talked to me the whole time. Asked me about my A-levels, and a laugh and a joke with me. - Other farrier just swore all the time
- He liked Holly's eyes! - I don't think other farrier paid much attention
- He booked me in for 8 weeks time and promised to turn up! -Other farrier booked me in and stood me up 3 times and blamed it on me!
So yes... it went very well! Very, very happy bunny and so is Holly! Well worth an extra tenner!
Fantastic news so glad your all sorted now, your other farrier sounded such a waste of space x
“You and I will meet again, When we're least expecting it, One day in some far off place, I will recognize your face, I won't say goodbye my friend, For you and I will meet again” - My Annie