Equine World UK
Countrybase Store
Pet Web Site

Go Back   Equine World UK > Horse Pictures And Videos > Horse Pictures

Notices

Old 10th September 2009
Well Schooled Horse

beks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horses
Default Taran - condition please :D

Hi all!

Lovely day today! Rode the boys and pottered around sorting out rugs etc! Was so lovely to actually A) Ride and B) It's not raining!

Haven't really ridden much for the past month due to rain, work, rain, gales, work, more rain yeah you get the idea - August has been a wash out!

Anyway, would of taken pictures of Jakes (Fatty!) but camera died. Did Taran though. I like taking pictures of them to see how far they have come (...or not! ) Also good incase they go missing etc (however I doubt any thieves would be able to find them up the mountains! )

I know Taran is looking a little portly and he is un-fit at the moment due to the weather and my work-load! I can still feel his ribs though.

What do you think? He is currently on good 'ld Mr. Green and a light handful of Bailey's No 4 after work with som chaff and 'No Cough' vitamins.

Sleepy boy!

'What's that?!'

This was him when on his passport and before I owned him:

This is when he arrived (when I bought him home):

Thanks for any comments - good or bad Any suggestions for improvement?

xx

Owner of three Welsh Cobs - Taran, Jakes and Flash. We live on our small farm up a mountain in the wilds of Snowdonia
Old 10th September 2009
Well Schooled Horse

beks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horsesbeks the artist knows a thing or two about horses
Default Re: Taran - condition please :D

Forgot to say... Taran is pure Welsh Cob and 15 years old. He is not shod in the back but is trimmed. He isn't shod in back due to utter fear - he also has whip marks over his rump - probably had a real beating in his past

Owner of three Welsh Cobs - Taran, Jakes and Flash. We live on our small farm up a mountain in the wilds of Snowdonia

Old 10th September 2009
Well Schooled Horse

He has come back into work from the beginning of September - however I am going away this weekend and for the most of next week! Eeeek! So he is having another week off work as my friend who used to ride him while I was on holiday has moved out of the area.

Thanks - I don't mind if he is a little over-weight as he is quite easy to get fit again with all the hills *cough* mountains around here! xx

Old 10th September 2009
Well Schooled Horse

vels mum knows a thing or two about horsesvels mum knows a thing or two about horsesvels mum knows a thing or two about horses

My god what a transformation! When I saw the first few pics I thought handsome lad, a little too much condition perhaps but nothing major then as I got to the end, well the improvement in him now is unbelievable!!!!!

He is a lovely boy, how could someone abuse him! Shoking

Old 10th September 2009
Well Schooled Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by vels mum View Post
My god what a transformation! When I saw the first few pics I thought handsome lad, a little too much condition perhaps but nothing major then as I got to the end, well the improvement in him now is unbelievable!!!!!

He is a lovely boy, how could someone abuse him! Shoking
Thank you.

I have no idea why anyone would beat him, I really don't, he always tries his little heart out for you, he is willing and happy - he never tries your patience unlike my other horse!

Old 10th September 2009
Well Schooled Horse

coloredred can tell one end of a horse from the other
Send a message via Skype™ to coloredred

He looks a little porky at the moment but so does Magic after 2 months off for one reason or another. Maybe you could switch the baileys no.4 to high fibre cubes? That's what i did with Magic so he didn't put on too much while not doing anything.

Old 10th September 2009
Well Schooled Horse

Thank you - will have a look to see if the local feed store stocks them!

Old 10th September 2009
Well Schooled Horse

Loony can tell one end of a horse from the otherLoony can tell one end of a horse from the other

He looks like he's been enjoying his grub but nothing to really worry about

Accept everything about yourself - I mean everything, you are you, & that is the beginning & the end.. No apologies, no regrets.