Equine World UK
Countrybase Store
Pet Web Site

Go Back   Equine World UK > Horse Riding And Equestrian Disciplines > Horse Riding

Notices

Old 24th November 2009
Well Schooled Horse

daytona knows a thing or two about horsesdaytona knows a thing or two about horsesdaytona knows a thing or two about horsesdaytona knows a thing or two about horses
Default Your first fall......

Can you remember the first time you fell off a horse???

What were you doing? Was it your fault of the horses?

Mine - I was about 11 and on a group hack and my horse bolted down a hill towards a huge gate I was that scared he was going to jump it I 'bailed out' I got straight back on and all was well again.

I guess I had been lucky till then I had ridden since I was 6 ish and had never come off until that point a few close calls but always managed to stick.

So come on what was yours like
Old 24th November 2009
Well Schooled Horse

XenaWarriorPrincess can tell one end of a horse from the otherXenaWarriorPrincess can tell one end of a horse from the other

I think mine was off a 13.2 chestnut mare called folly, we were doing trotting without stirrups which i hated anyway, i tensed up and gripped and she went into canter and i tensed up even more and came off the side, really hurt my coccyx!! But it was my fault ops: and i still hate no stirrup work!!

Old 24th November 2009
Unbacked Youngster

Alyria Leila is an unknown quantity at this point

i was 14 when i first fell off!!

i was jumping a pony called Bonnie, she was jumping the jumps but the poles were very scary and she was clearing them by a mile!!

She came round and totally lept this one jump it was only like a foot high!! and i got thrown totally up her neck and slid round her neck hung upside down for a second before losing my grip and rolly polying away from her. She stopped came over and starting sniffing me!! LOLOLOLOL

i was fine just a bit dizzy from the rolling!! i got back on a jumped it again!!!

Old 24th November 2009
Weanling

zboo is an unknown quantity at this point

I was about 4, on a lead-rein hack at our friends trekking centre. We'd taken a shorter route and waited to meet the rest of the group, the pony put his head down to graze as I bent down to stroke his neck and I just kept going, slid down his neck and landed on my bum. No harm done but the lad leading me was mortified!

Old 24th November 2009
Schoolmaster

ness knows a thing or two about horsesness knows a thing or two about horsesness knows a thing or two about horses

Mine was when I was twelve on a mystery ride to the forest. I followed some other riders who decided to jump a ditch, got left behind and fell off!

Old 24th November 2009
Unbacked Youngster

Lobelia Overhill is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't remember!!

Old 24th November 2009
Unbacked Youngster

naurarwen is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if this was my first fall or not but its the first one I remember. I was about 6 and at Thornton show on my little shetland, my mum had gone off to do a class on Mister so I decided to go for a little ride round the show ground, there's a little bridge and pathway there that takes you over to where working hunter is and there's a few practice jumps (they were only tiny). So I lined my shetland up for one of them and she was going really well until she decided to do a dirty stop. Cue me doing straight over her head, bridle and all and ended up having done 180 degrees and facing my shetland with her bridle in my hands. No surprise that my shetland did a runner and was caught by a lovely lady on a big horse, and her friend just before she got to the bridge. They helped me put her bridle back on and somewhat ashamed, with an extremely sore backside from landing on the jump I walked back to my trailer and waited for my mum to return. Never did tell her why I couldn't sit properly for a few days.

Old 24th November 2009
Well Schooled Horse

bimba knows a thing or two about horsesbimba knows a thing or two about horses

Mine was when I was about 8 on a pony called Micki, was trotting and lost a stirrup then just kind of slid off as we went round the corner. It didn't hurt but I remember being very red!